Health and Wellness research group
Dr. Paul Makoni (PI), Dr. Cynthia N. Chaibva, Mr. Daga Makaza, Mr. Morris Banda, Ms. Khanyile Dlamini, Mr. Bhekuzulu Khumalo, Mr. Tholumusa F. Mlalazi, Mr. Mgciniwethu Mazula, Mr. Morgan P. Gundani, Ms Sipho H. Rutsate, Ms Grace Ngundu, Mr. Eberhard M. Tapera
Health and Wellness research group was formed in 2009. It is composed of members from the Faculty of Applied Science, Faculty of Medicine and Research and Innovation office. The group focuses on research in health and wellness. For example nutrition, non communicable diseases, physical activity, KAP surveys on diseases, nutrition, HIV, and physical activity.
- Annual sports scientific conference
- Nestle healthy kids research project
- Zimbabwe healthy kids report card
- International Society for the Advancement of Kinathropometry (ISAK) certification
- Healthy Active Living and Obesity Research Group (HALO), Canada
- University of Venda, Centre for Biokinetics, Recreation and Sports Science, South Africa
- North West University, School of Biokinetics, Recreation and Sports Science, South Africa
- University of KwaZulu Natal, College of Health Sciences, South Africa
- Bindura University of Science and Education, Department of Sports Science, Zimbabwe
- Department of Nutrition, Bulawayo Polytechnic
- Knowledge attitudes and practise survey: Olympism in Zimbabwe – Technical Report submitted to Zimbabwe Olympic Committee - 2013.
- Healthy kids Nutrition and Physical Activity: Baseline Survey – Technical Report submitted to Nestle Zimbabwe - 2015.
- Monitoring and evaluation an NGO project on HIV prevention in high schools in Bulawayo and Gweru – technical report submitted to Grassroot Soccer - 2014.