To provide a high level of intellectual challenge through the study of biomechanical, physiological, psychological, sports and exercise applications and research dimensions of sport and exercise sciences.
- To apply scientific methods and techniques to the study of sport and exercise sciences.
- To equip students to work independently and as part of a team to examine theoretical and practical issues in sport and exercise sciences.
- To help the student critically evaluate coaching and training requirements in relation to exercise and human performance
- To prepare graduates to undertake, lead and develop sport and exercise sciences and related areas.
- To promote the advancement of teaching and research in sports within the academic environment and the sporting industry
- To promote the growth and the application of the highest quality research and professional application of sports science in health promotion, disease prevention, rehabilitation and sports fitness training.
- To promote the exchange of scientific information between the department other institutions and organizations with an interest in sports.
- To be a dynamic and action- oriented institution for solutions related to sports science and coaching.