GRADUATION CEREMONY 2017: INFORMATION FOR GRADUANDS
DATE, TIME AND VENUE
- The Graduation Ceremony will be held at the Sports Field, at the University Campus on a date to be advised.
- Rehearsals will be held at the Sports Field at 1000am.
- The Ceremony will start at 1000 hours promptly and is expected to last about two hours.
- The Graduands should be seated by 0900 hours.
- There will be reserved seating for Graduands, Guests and Staff.
- The Graduands' seats will be arranged by Faculty and in alphabetical order of the surnames of graduands.
- The Guests and the Graduands will be shown where to sit.
Graduands should be formally dressed.
PURCHASE OF ACADEMIC DRESS
All items of approved Academic Dress may be obtained from:
- Located at: Shop Number 1, Hot Bread Complex, 12th Avenue/Fife Street, Bulawayo
- Telephone Number: 09-68187 or 09-887621/2.
- Cell: 0717468694/0772861050
- 3 Bradburn Street, near GZU City Library
- Suite 6, First Floor, Khan House, L Takawira/ Albion Street
- Contact: Gladys/Judith on CellNumber: 0712374287
Mutare Garment Manufacturers (Private) Limited
- Mutare: 3 Edison Sithole Road, Industrial Area,
- Cell:0773212668 ,
Academic Regalia Investments Private Limited T/a City Photo Studio
- Harare: No. 74 L Takawira Street, Between Bank Street, Robert Mugabe
- Bulawayo: Kwiknet Building, Internet Cafe, 9th Avenue and Joshua Nkomo
- Gweru: Shop No. 25 First Floor Bahadda Centre Main Street
- Masvingo: Tsungai Building, No 33 Hofringer Street
- Telephone: 0772806698/0772806674
Kings Headgear Investments
- Shop 9b Railway Avenue, Bulawayo
- Cell: 0712706398/ 0773961071
- Bulawayo: Trust House Room No 8, Fort Street/ Between 13 & 14 Avenue
- Cell: 0712387192/0778642664/0772346575
- Harare: 75 L Takawira Street, J R Centre
- Cell: 0772407209/0733949370
Bachelor’s Degree (USD$)
Master’s Degree (USD$)
- Each Graduand may invite a maximum of two guests.
- Admission to the Graduation Ceremony will be strictly by invitation.
- The Graduand’s invitation card and those for his/ her two Guests will be collected from the Admissions and Student Records Office from a date to be advised shortly.
- The authorised National University of Science and Technology photographers will be allowed to take photographs during the Ceremony and no other photographers will be allowed.
- A DVD of the whole Graduation Ceremony proceedings will be available on the NUST Website for downloading.
- Only authorised persons will be allowed to take photographs in front of the main Platform area.
- The Ceremony will start with a fanfare by the Band.
- The Congregation will rise.
- The President and Vice-President of the Student Representative Council, Members of Academic Staff, the Senate and the Council will enter in procession, followed by the Platform Party.
- Once the full procession has been completed, the Congregation, led by the Choir, will sing the National Anthem.
- This will be followed by the reading of the University Prayer.
- The Chancellor will formally constitute the Congregation as a Graduation Ceremony and the Vice-Chancellor will deliver his address of welcome. The Degrees will then be formally conferred by the Chancellor.
- First Class/Distinction and Doctoral Graduands, will find cards bearing their first name(s), surname and programme that will be stuck on the chair of each Graduand. The Graduand will present this card to his or her Dean, who will announce the name from this card. If the degree is awarded in the First Division/Distinction, this information should appear on the card. If it does not appear, the relevant Faculty Administrator or other members of the Academic Registry should be informed immediately.
- Faculty Administrators will marshall the Graduands. They will ensure the correct seating order and appropriate academic dress.
- Caps should not be worn until the formal "capping" by the Chancellor.
The following will be mass-capped:
- All Undergraduate graduands whose degrees are not in the First Class Division.
- All Postgraduate graduands whose degrees are not in the Distinction category.
OUTSTANDING FEES BALANCES
- Those Graduands with outstanding fees are advised to clear their balances on or by 29 September 2017.
- A rehearsal for the Graduands who will be capped individually will be held in the morning, on a date to be advised, starting at 1000 hours, at the Sports Field at the University Campus.
- Attendance at the rehearsal will ensure that Graduands know exactly what to do on Graduation Day.
After the Ceremony, Graduands and their Guests will be served lunch and refreshments. Ushers will direct the Graduands and their Guests to the designated areas.
ISSUE OF DEGREE CERTIFICATES AND TRANSCRIPTS
The Degree Certificates and Transcripts will be available from the Faculty Administrators after the Ceremony. To collect them, acceptable identification, preferably the 2016/ 2017 student identity card, must be produced. The University will withhold the Certificate and Transcript if it is owed money.
Graduands are advised to conduct themselves in an orderly and sober manner.
L. J. HADEBE
SENIOR ASSISTANT REGISTRAR
ADMISSIONS AND STUDENT RECORDS