Staff Profiles March 21st, 2016fayisa
Dr Peter NkalaDirector of IDS-NUST
DESIGNATION: Director of IDS-NUST
QUALIFICATIONS: BSc (Hon) Econ (UZ), MSc Econ (UZ), PhD Econ & SocSc (BOKU, Vienna, Austria);
Agricultural Economics, Conservation Agriculture, Development Studies, Disaster Management, Environmental Economics, International Trade, Macroeconomics, Livelihoods
- a) Bianconi A, Dalgaard Tc, Manly B F J, Govone J, S, Watts M, J, Nkala P, Habermann G, Huang Y & Serapião A. B. S (2013) Methodological Difficulties of Conducting Agroecological Studies from a Statistical Perspective, Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems , 37 (4), 485-506
- b) Sithole, M., Nkala, P and Dube. N. 2012. Do Urban Community Gardens Matter? The case of Bulawayo Metropolitan Province in Zimbabwe. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences 3(9): 249 – 257
- c) Nkala, P. 2012. Assessing the impact of conservation agriculture on farmer livelihoods in three selected communities in central Mozambique. PhD Thesis, University of Natural and Life Sciences (BOKU), Vienna, Austria.
- d) Nkala, P., Mango, N., Zikhali, P. (2011a). Conservation Agriculture and Livelihoods of smallholder farmers in central Mozambique. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture 35 (7): 757 – 779.
- e) Nkala, P., Mango, N., Corbeels, M., Veldwisch, G., Huising, J. (2011b).The Conundrum of Conservation Agriculture and Livelihoods in Southern Africa. African Journal of Agricultural Research 6(24): 5520 – 5528.
- f) Ndlela, T and Nkala, P. 2003. A Structural analysis of the Sources and Dynamics of Fluctuations in the South African Economy, (TIPS) 2003 Conference, from 8-10 September 2003, Indaba Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- g) Nkala, P., 2001. Valuation of Water and an Analysis of Socio-Economic and Environmental Impacts of Water Development Projects in Zimbabwe: The Case of Mtshabezi Dam, unpublished MSc. Thesis. University of Zimbabwe, Harare.
Workshops and Seminars
- i. Research Methods Training of Trainers Workshop – Catholic University of Mozambique Faculty of Education and Communication, Nampula, Mozambique, 21 -25 February 2011.
- ii. Workshop on Teaching and Research, Catholic University of Mozambique, Faculty of Engineering, , Chimoio, Mozambique, 14 – 18 February 2011.
- iii. Research Methods Workshop organized by International Federation of Catholic Universities, Catholic University of Kabgayi, Kigali, Rwanda, May 2010.
- iv. Summer School on Organic Agriculture, organized by Mendel University, Bruno, Czech Republic, August 2008.
- v. Tropentag 2008 Conference – University of Hoheinham, Stuttgart, Germany, October 2008.
- vi. UNCTAD workshop on Trade and Poverty, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, 19-23 November 2007.
- vii. UNCTAD Training Course on Key Issues on the International Economics Agenda, Second Regional Training for Africa, Cairo, Egypt, 04-22 February 2007.
- viii. University of the Free State & NUST, Sphere Training Workshop, NUST Council Chambers, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, 03-07 July 2006
- ix. UNCTAD Training Workshop on Commodities Production and Trade, Dares Salaam, Tanzania, 16-20 January 2006.
- x. Southern Africa Trade Research Network, (SATRN) Researchers Workshop, Livingstone Zambia, May 2005.
- xi. SATRN, UNCTAD, WTO Researchers Workshop, Windhoek Country Club, Windhoek, Namibia, November 2004.
- xii. SATRN, BIDPA Researchers Workshop on Commodities Trade, University of Pretoria, South Africa, 19-23 April, 2004.
- xiii. Trade and Investment Policy Strategies (TIPS), DIPRU Annual Forum 2003, Indaba Hotel, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa, September 2003.
- xiv. LO Researchers Workshop on Financial Sector Liberalization, Hotel Marina, Cotonou, Benin, 29-31 October 2003.
- xv. UNDP/CPU, National Conference on the Plan of Action to Strengthen Disaster Risk Management, 25-29 July 2005, Troutbeck Inn Hotel, Inyanga, Zimbabwe.
Clifford MabhenaTEMPORARY FULL-TIME RESEARCH FELLOW
QUALIFICATIONS: MEd (UZ), PhD (UFH, SA)
Agriculture and Rural Development, Natural Resource Management, Livelihoods
Dr Lerato NareRESEARCH FELLOW
QUALIFICATIONS: MSc. (IWRM, where?), BTech (Env Health) (TUT, SA)
Water and Sanitation, Climate Change, Renewable Energy, Disaster Management
Dr Zenzo Dube LusabaRESEARCH FELLOW
QUALIFICATIONS: MA Corp Admin (ARU, England), PhD (Glamorgan, Wales)
Governance and Development, Economic History, Ethics, Corporate Governance, Institutional Studies and Decision Making
Mr Whitehead ZikhaliLECTURER
QUALIFICATIONS: BEd. Ad Ed (UZ), MSc (UFH/UZ), PhD (UFH, RSA)
Peace, Security and Conflict Resolution, Community Development, Livelihoods, Gender
QUALIFICATIONS:BA (Hon) Geo (UZ), Mphil Dev Studies (NTNU, Norway)
Development Studies, Conservation and Livelihoods, Urban Agriculture, Disaster Risk Reduction
NQOBIZITHA DUBE MATHANDALECTURER
QUALIFICATIONS: MSc Agric Econ (UFH), BSc (Hons) Agric Econ (UFH), BSc (Hons) Econ (UZ),
Environmental Economics, Agricultural Economics, Migration
QUALIFICATIONS:Mphil DS (NTNU, Norway), BA (Hons) Geo (UZ)
Food security, Livelihoods, Poverty reduction, Agriculture, Indigenous Knowledge Systems
QUALIFICATIONS:BA Hons, MA, (UZ), MA Human S&D (Leeds),
Political economy, Food security, Livelihoods, Rural development
QUALIFICATIONS:BA Econ (Columbia USA), MSc Agric Econ (Ohio State, USA)
Agricultural Economics, Agriculture and Rural Development, Microeconomics, Livelihoods
QUALIFICATIONS:BEd-EAPPS (ZOU) , Grad CE (UZ), MSc DMgnt (UFS-SA)
Disaster Management, Livelihoods, Conservation Farming, Sustainable Education, Agriculture
BEd (UZ), BA Hon HIV & AIDS Bev Stud (UNISA SA), MEd. Mgnt (ZOU)
BUHLE FRANCISTEMPORARY FULL-TIME RESEARCH FELLOW
QUALIFICATIONS: MPhil Env. Mgnt (Stellenbosch, SA), BSc (Hon) Forest &Wildlife (NUST),
QUALIFICATIONS: BSc HRUP (UZ), MPhil LAS (UWC)
QUALIFICATIONS:BSoc Sc IOLS (UCT -RSA), MBA (AU –Zbwe), MSc EPM (CU -UK)
GRACIOUS NCUBERESEARCH FELLOW
QUALIFICATIONS:BSc (Hon) Soc (UZ), MA Dev Stu. (Erasmus, Netherlands)
Migration, Development, Governance
Guidance G. Fayisa MthwaziInformation Technology Expert
B B A Computer and Management Information Systems ( C & M I S ) (Solusi University Zbwe) A+ Comp. Technician Certificate (NUST) Introduction to Basic and Advanced Computing,
(Denmark Training Services)
Qiniso NdlovuChief Secretary
Nomsa MaphosaCHIEF SECRETARY
Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Designation: Full-time Lecturer
Qualifications: MSc in Development Studies cum laude (NUST), Post Graduate Diploma in Governance, Democratisation and Public Policy (ISS-Netherlands), BSc in Sociology (UZ)
Research Focus : Human rights; Sexual and reproductive health and rights; project planning; monitoring and evaluation; corporate governance; key populations; civil society and gender.